Niche Bridge & Structure Management (NBSM)
Niche Bridge & Structure Management Pty Ltd (NBSM) is operated under a sole directorship based out of its offices in Geelong, Victoria.
The principle of NBSM is Michael du Vallon B.E. who has in excess of 24 years experience in the bridge industry. The initial foray into the world of bridges and civil structures was post graduation from Monash University in Clayton, Victoria. Commencing work in 1991 with Granor Rubber & Engineering Pty Ltd the association with design, manufacture, supply and installation of structural bridge bearings and bridge deck movement joints was born and a solid grounding in the industry was established over a 6 ½ year period. In 1997 an opportunity presented and Niche Engineering Pty Ltd was founded and traded under the business name of Niche Industries. Over the 18 years that followed its inception, Niche Industries was involved in excess of 500 projects directly related with bridge and structure maintenance for a variety of clients including Road Authorities, Shire Councils and Private Contractors. Throughout this 18 year period a comprehensive knowledge of bridge maintenance activities and management of contract maintenance projects was obtained, subsequently leading to the expansion of the company group with the establishment of Niche Bridge & Structure Management Pty Ltd to further enhance the services offered under the Niche banner.
Niche Bridge & Structure Management Pty Ltd (NBSM) was formed by its principle, Michael du Vallon, in 2015. NBSM was established to assist Road Authorities, Shire Councils, Consultant Engineers and Private Contractors with the management of bridge maintenance, strengthening, upgrading and preservation. With over 24 years of experience in the industry from structural bridge bearing and bridge deck joint design, through to management and delivery of an expansive array of bridge maintenance and upgrade projects, the knowledge and expertise made available to clients via NBSM is considerable.
There are essentially four distinct client bases to which NBSM can offer its services on either a contract or consultative basis. These are Road Authorities, Shire Councils, Consultant Engineers and Private Contractors.
Road Authorities & Shire Councils
- Inspection and condition assessment reporting of the general bridge structure or culvert and its multiple components.
- Location and proving of steel reinforcement in concrete structure elements.
- Provide scoping of any potential upgrading, maintenance or preservation works associated with a particular structure.
- Undertake a constructability review/ specification review of upcoming bridge maintenance / bridge upgrade contracts prior to release for tender.
- Provide comprehensive work method statements relating to a specific process or procedure associated with maintenance or upgrade techniques.
- Provision of Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s) for specific processes or procedures associated with more complex structure maintenance or upgrade methods.
- Provision of supervision or surveillance for specific processes or procedures associated with more complex structure maintenance or upgrade works.